India is home to some of the richest and most influential business families in the world. Among them, there are several pairs or groups of siblings who have inherited or built their own billion-dollar empires. Here are some of the most prominent and powerful siblings from India’s business world, according to a report by Indiatimes.
The Ambani brothers: Mukesh and Anil
- Mukesh Ambani is the chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries, India’s largest private sector company. He is also Asia’s richest person and the ninth richest person in the world, with a net worth of $92.7 billion, as per Forbes.
- Anil Ambani is the chairman of Reliance Group, which has interests in telecom, power, infrastructure, media and entertainment. He was once among the world’s richest people, but his fortune has dwindled due to debt and legal troubles. His net worth was $1.7 billion in 2019, the year his company Reliance Communications filed for bankruptcy.
The Adani brothers: Gautam and Vinod
- Gautam Adani is the founder and chairman of Adani Group, a conglomerate with interests in ports, energy, mining, airports, logistics, agribusiness and defence. He is India’s second richest person and the 14th richest person in the world, with a net worth of $56.7 billion, as per Forbes.
- Vinod Adani is the elder brother of Gautam and a director of several Adani Group companies. He is also a billionaire in his own right, with a net worth of $15.2 billion, as per Forbes.
The Kamath brothers: Nithin and Nikhil
- Nithin Kamath is the founder and CEO of Zerodha, India’s largest online stock brokerage firm. He is also a co-founder of True Beacon, an asset management company, and Rainmatter, a fintech incubator. He has a net worth of $2.7 billion, as per Forbes.
- Nikhil Kamath is the co-founder and chief investment officer of Zerodha and True Beacon. He is also a chess enthusiast and a philanthropist. He has a net worth of $1.1 billion, as per Forbes.
The Goenka brothers: Harsh and Sanjiv
- Harsh Goenka is the chairman of RPG Enterprises, a diversified conglomerate with interests in tyres, power, infrastructure, IT, retail and entertainment. He is also known for his art collection and social media presence. He has a net worth of $2.9 billion, as per Forbes.
- Sanjiv Goenka is the chairman of RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group, a spin-off from RPG Enterprises that has interests in power, carbon black, retail, FMCG, media and entertainment. He is also the owner of the Indian Premier League cricket team Rising Pune Supergiant. He has a net worth of $3.1 billion, as per Forbes.
The Damani brothers: Radhakishan and Gopikishan
- Radhakishan Damani is the founder and chairman of Avenue Supermarts, the parent company of D-Mart, India’s most profitable retail chain. He is also a veteran investor and a mentor to many other stock market players. He has a net worth of $17.5 billion, as per Forbes.
- Gopikishan Damani is the younger brother of Radhakishan and a director of Avenue Supermarts. He is also a successful investor and a low-profile billionaire. He has a net worth of $6.9 billion, as per Forbes.