Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) is a popular quiz show in India that tests the knowledge and luck of its contestants. The show is hosted by Amitabh Bachchan and airs on Sony Entertainment Television. The latest season of KBC, which started on September 23, 2023, has been attracting millions of viewers with its challenging questions and exciting prizes.
One of the questions that was asked in the episode aired on December 19, 2023, was about the correct order of steps to fly as a passenger on an airplane in India. The question was:
Arrange these steps in the correct order to fly as a passenger on an airplane in India
A. Board the flight B. Security check C. Buy a ticket D. Take off
The correct answer is CBAD, which means that the first step is to buy a ticket, followed by security check, board the flight, and take off. The question was worth Rs. 20,000 and the contestant who answered it correctly was Ramesh Kumar from Delhi.
How to buy a ticket for an airplane in India
There are different ways to buy a ticket for an airplane in India, depending on the preference and convenience of the passenger. Some of the common methods are:
- Online booking: This is the most convenient and popular way of buying a ticket, as it allows the passenger to compare prices, choose seats, and pay online using a credit card, debit card, net banking, or digital wallet. The passenger can also print the e-ticket or save it on their mobile phone.
- Travel agent: This is another option for those who prefer to get assistance from a professional travel agent, who can help them find the best deals, book the ticket, and provide other services such as visa, insurance, and hotel booking. The passenger can pay the agent in cash or by cheque.
- Airline office: This is the traditional way of buying a ticket, where the passenger can visit the nearest airline office and book the ticket in person. The passenger can pay by cash, cheque, or card, and get a printed ticket.
How to go through security check at an airport in India
Security check is an essential and mandatory step for every passenger who wants to fly on an airplane in India. The security check ensures the safety and security of the passengers, the crew, and the aircraft. The security check involves the following steps:
- Check-in: The passenger has to check-in at the airline counter and get a boarding pass and a baggage tag. The passenger has to show their ticket, identity proof, and visa (if required) to the airline staff. The passenger can also check-in online or through a kiosk and get a boarding pass on their mobile phone or print it out.
- Baggage screening: The passenger has to put their checked-in baggage on a conveyor belt, where it will be scanned by an X-ray machine. The passenger has to make sure that their baggage does not contain any prohibited items, such as explosives, flammable liquids, sharp objects, or weapons. The passenger can also carry a hand baggage, which has to be within the size and weight limits specified by the airline. The hand baggage will also be scanned by an X-ray machine at a later stage.
- Frisking: The passenger has to go through a metal detector gate, where they will be frisked by a security personnel. The passenger has to remove any metal items, such as belts, shoes, watches, coins, keys, or jewellery, and put them in a tray. The passenger has to cooperate with the security personnel and follow their instructions. The passenger can also request for a female security personnel if they are a female passenger.
- Hand baggage screening: The passenger has to put their hand baggage on a conveyor belt, where it will be scanned by an X-ray machine. The passenger has to make sure that their hand baggage does not contain any prohibited items, such as liquids, gels, aerosols, or electronic devices that are not switched off. The passenger has to take out any laptops, tablets, cameras, or power banks and put them in a separate tray. The passenger has to collect their hand baggage and metal items after the screening.
How to board the flight at an airport in India
Boarding the flight is the final step before flying on an airplane in India. The boarding process involves the following steps:
- Boarding announcement: The passenger has to listen to the boarding announcement, which will inform them about the gate number, the boarding time, and the boarding sequence. The passenger has to reach the gate at least 15 minutes before the boarding time and show their boarding pass and identity proof to the gate staff.
- Boarding bus: The passenger has to board a bus that will take them to the aircraft. The passenger has to follow the instructions of the bus driver and the ground staff and sit in the designated seats. The passenger has to wear a seat belt and not stand or move around in the bus.
- Boarding bridge: The passenger has to walk through a boarding bridge that will connect them to the aircraft. The passenger has to show their boarding pass and identity proof to the cabin crew and find their seat number. The passenger has to store their hand baggage in the overhead bin or under the seat and fasten their seat belt.
How to take off on an airplane in India
Taking off on an airplane in India is the most exciting and thrilling part of the flight. The take-off process involves the following steps:
- Pushback: The aircraft will be pushed back from the gate by a tug, which will detach from the aircraft after reaching a safe distance. The aircraft will then start its engines and taxi to the runway.
- Take-off clearance: The aircraft will wait for the take-off clearance from the air traffic control, which will give the permission and the instructions for the take-off. The aircraft will then align itself with the runway and accelerate to the take-off speed.
- Take-off: The aircraft will lift off from the runway and climb to the cruising altitude. The passenger will feel a slight push back and a change in the noise level. The passenger has to remain seated and keep their seat belt fastened until the seat belt sign is switched off.