Spotify, the global leader in audio streaming, has announced the launch of the Spotify Audience Network in India, along with four other markets. The Spotify Audience Network is an audio-first advertising marketplace that will enable brands to reach podcast listeners at scale and help podcast publishers and creators monetise their content effectively.
What is the Spotify Audience Network?
- An audio-first advertising marketplace: The Spotify Audience Network allows advertisers to buy podcast inventory across Spotify Originals and Exclusives, as well as podcasts from third-party publishers and creators who opt in to the network.
- A scaled, audience-based podcast buying solution: The Spotify Audience Network leverages Spotify’s data and insights to help advertisers target podcast listeners based on their interests, demographics, and behaviors. Advertisers can also measure the impact of their campaigns using Spotify’s reporting and attribution tools.
- A unique opportunity for podcast publishers and creators: The Spotify Audience Network provides podcast publishers and creators with access to incremental, unique demand from advertisers who want to reach podcast listeners. Publishers and creators can also benefit from Spotify’s ad technology and monetization solutions, such as Streaming Ad Insertion and Spotify Podcast Ads.
Who are the first publishers in India to join the Spotify Audience Network?
- Audio Pitara: A podcast network that produces original and engaging audio content in Hindi and English, covering genres such as comedy, horror, crime, and romance. Some of their popular shows include “Baklol”, “Kahaniyaan”, and “Crime Kahani”.
- Ideabrew Studios: A podcast production house that creates informative and inspiring audio stories in English and regional languages, focusing on topics such as entrepreneurship, education, health, and culture. Some of their popular shows include “The Passion People Podcast”, “The Edtech Podcast”, and “The Musafir Stories”.
How will the Spotify Audience Network benefit the Indian podcast ecosystem?
- Arjun Kolady, head of sales – India, Spotify: “In Q3, our global advertising revenue grew 16% YoY and podcasts played a critical role. Building on the same success and keeping in mind that India is a significant growth market for podcasts, we are unlocking this growing marketplace for local advertisers and publishers.”
- Tapan Gupta, co-founder, Audio Pitara: “We are always looking for new ways to bring in advertising that not only drives greater revenue but also provides personalised and valuable messaging for our listeners. The Spotify Audience Network will be a critical addition to our monetization efforts by bringing us incremental, unique demand that helps ensure more of our impressions are filled by high-quality and brand-safe ads.”
- Aditya Kuber, co-founder and CEO of Ideabrew Studios: “Podcasts are an immersive medium, and so, while we focus on finding innovative avenues to integrate advertising, we also want to ensure that the brand and the messaging is relevant to our audience. The inclusion of the Spotify Audience Network is pivotal to our growth strategy, as it adds distinctive demand.”